Monday, January 21, 2008

Wow

Who would have thought that putting a baby on a routine would be so hard, emotionally? Have you ever tried to go about your day as your child is crying in their crib because they don't want to sleep (on their own)? Breaks your heart... It has almost been a hour and she is just starting to calm down....and now she is scheduled to get up in 20 minutes. I don't doubt for a minute that this is what needs to happen in order to get her on a healthy schedule; how does the cliche go? No pain no gain. This time it is my emotional pain, not my physical pain that is being tested for the ultimate gain of a semi-predictable day. It is for her best and mine...just turn my music up a little louder so I don't go crazy with guilt as I listen to her plead for my attention.

1 comment:

anne said...

Not looking forward to that. We try not to pick her up immediately at the moment, but the other night we were going to let her fuss for a while and I just couldn't do it yet. She's still sleeping in the bassinet in our room too so that will be a huge change to put her in the crib!