Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Return of Rest

So the schedule it going fairly well. There have been some alterations but I am starting to figure out what works best for her. We have been putting her down for bed the past three nights at 9:30 and she then sleeps until 1:30 when I wake her up for a feeding. She then goes back to bed and again I wake her at 6 for another feeding. She has about 20 minutes of awake time after that feeding and then she goes back to bed until 9. I must admit it is pretty nice to wake your baby up to a pleasant meal instead of having her screams and tears wake you up. The mid-morning/afternoon seem to be the most topsy-turvy right now. I got her to take a 2.5 hour nap today and now she is playing by herself in the swing. I love that she is finally starting to interact with her environment on her own.

I have finally been able to start getting some stuff done with her schedule now being in place. Not only am I getting more rest but I have also started to read one of the books I got for Christmas, "Blue Like Jazz". It feels good to be doing something for myself...even if it is just reading a book.

2 comments:

anne said...

Glad that the schedule is working out! My munchkin changes everything every day... :)

Anonymous said...

Yey! It sounds like things are going much better!!!! :) Now you can really enjoy the rest of your time off! It was great seeing you on Monday. Hopefully we can do it again soon!