Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Accomplishments of a Long Weekend...

This has been a great long weekend! I have been able to get quite a bit done and/or started on my to do list. Here is a sampling of things I accomplished:

*Finished with all the upgrades with the pretty ribbon on my burp clothes
*Started my nursing cover (I still have to attach the fabric piece that goes around my neck and put in the boning but I am much closer to the end product)
*Did all of Greg's and my laundry
*Did my first load of baby laundry (I can't believe how nervous I was that I was going to ruin all her cute stuff by washing it!)
*Snipped tags off all the newborn clothes to make yet another huge load of laundry!
*Packed the diaper bag for the trip to the hospital
*Picked up the baby's room...she sure had a mess in there! :)
*Had Greg install the curtain rod and valance in the baby room (I was his cheerleader!)
*Tried to have Greg install the blinds in the baby room, however, this was not finished because when I took the blinds out of the package 6 inch sections of them started just falling off! I hate it when new things are broken! Now I have a trip to Home Depot added to my new list.
*Cleaned up my office and did bills :( not the most fun but a necessity...
*Bought a few more Christmas gifts. (I did not go Black Friday early morning shopping...I hate crowds!)
*Set up the Christmas Tree and all the decorations (this is a big deal since last year we didn't do a single Christmas decoration in the whole house...we were scrooges!)
*Finished writing all my thank you notes for the baby showers.
*Had dinner with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law at Olive Garden (very yummy!)
*Had dinner with some friends we hadn't seen in a while and then we went back to their new house and had some playtime with their kids...it was lots of fun.
*Cleaned up my email inbox....I hate it when I have more than 1 page of messages in my inbox.

Like I said before...just a sampling of things I was able to do with this wonderfully long break! And by the way...have you noticed my days until baby countdown? Crazy, huh?!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure can relate to this list... :) and it is definitely crazy that the countdown is getting so close!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you had a productive Thanksgiving weekend. I was crazy/stupid and went out on Black Friday. It was fun and I bought a ton of gifts, but since I got up at 2:25am, I was exhausted for the entire following week. Mental note: don't do that while prego! :) Sounds like you're starting to nest - yeh! Very soon baby girl will be here!!!! I can't wait to hear the good news!