Thursday, November 15, 2007

5 Weeks and Counting....


This isn't the best picture quality ever but nevertheless it gives you an idea of what 35 weeks looks like on me. My boss said to me today, "Yep, you are in the uncomfortable stage now...this is the stage where I don't envy you." There are definitely days that the uncomfortableness can be quite overbearing but for the most part I don't feel too bad yet, just anxious. Anxious on when she will come, what the weather will be like (do we have to drive in a snow storm?), where I'll be when I go into labor, will I have everything with me for the hospital stay, will labor go alright, what will she look like? For a planner....these are very anxious times. I worry about living so far from the hospital (45 minutes) and about working far from home (if I go into labor at work it is a shorter trip to the hospital but that may mean I don't have everything with me that I may want....I don't feel like packing every morning as though that day may be the day that I need it all!) I guess that if I have to be anxious it is better that I am more anxious about having everything I want (things I know I can have others get for me) than the actual labor process itself...but I am sure that will come in time :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You look fabulous, my friend!!

I think I'll have my bag packed with duplicates of whatever I need so I don't have to worry about taking something from home.

Also, I just googled 'what to take to the hospital" and there are tons of really good suggestions out there!!

One last thing...I left your gift at church so you can get it on Sunday. Have a great shower tomorrow!

Greg said...

Hopefully she'll look like you. Your husband is a real minger.

Jessica said...

Thanks Anne! I started to look at the "travel size" items at Target the other day. I am sure it will all turn out even if I do forget something. Thanks in advance for the gift...I am sure it is wonderful!

Greg-you taught me a new word today and I must say I disagree with your last statement!

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute prego woman! :) Don't worry about what's to come. It will all be unique to you, but will work out. Now that you're entering that last phase of the pregnancy, I would keep your hospital bag in your vehicle just incase. And if there is something you've forgotten, no worries. Someone can grab it for you or a replacement. You won't need most items at first anyway. Call me or email me if you have any questions! :) Can't wait to meet her :)

Jessica said...

Thank you Haylee!