Thursday, December 6, 2007

Always an Issue

Why is everything such an issue? I recently changed phone service and got a new cell. Everything went fine with the switch over...I was content. Then after 2 1/2 weeks with the new phone/service I drop the phone in the tub (for literally 2 seconds). My fault...not trying to get out of anything there. After the phone's bath, whenever I turned the phone on it would go through the whole intro...get to my main page and then tell me the battery was low and it would be turning off. I tried charging the battery...but same results. I figured I had just fried the battery. When I took the phone into the company I was hoping that all I needed was a new battery but the sales lady immediately told me my phone was fried and it wouldn't work anymore so I would have to get a new one. I found it slightly odd, but figured this lady knows what she is talking about, even though she never touched or tried looking at the phone and just "knew" it was dead. So I bought a new phone, something that was not very easy to do financially but I had a 2 year contact ahead of me...I might as well have a phone to go with that monthly bill I am paying. The new phone was nothing spectacular...the cheapest one they had actually. However, after just a few days with it I new it had issues because it wouldn't hold a charge over 4 or 5 hours. I took it in, the battery tested fine, must be a fluke....try it again. I did....it didn't work. So again I went back and said fix it! They gave me a new phone. This phone has a battery life of about a day. It is better than 4 or 5 hours but seriously....a day? Anyways...out of curiosity 2 nights ago I turned on my "bathed" phone to see what would happen. Surprise...it works....now doesn't that figure! In fact it had 3/4 battery life and still does 2 days later. I am glad but at the same time now what do I do? I want to go back to the company and say full refund on this new phone that doesn't have any battery life, but I am so sick of dealing with issues that part of me doesn't even want to bother with it. Will they even give me a refund? Uuuggghhh...again I say "does everything have to be such an issue?"

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I had the same thing happen! I dropped my cell in the sink, it didn't work. So i sucked it up and got a new one, and then a few days later when I tried the old one, it worked. Someone later told me that it often just takes them a long time to really, fully dry out.

Here's to not dropping our phones in the water for a long, long time. :)