Saturday, December 15, 2007

39 And Still Waiting...


For all of you who are desperately trying to find out if I have gone into labor, the answer is... not yet. Over the last few days I have heard from many of you wondering if just maybe....given that I have not been returning emails and haven't updated the blog. I wish I had a good excuse, like I am in labor, but my only pitiful excuse is that I have been too busy with other aspects of life. I finished another 40 hour week at work. As much as I enjoy a 40 hour pay check.... I really hope to be done with that for a while. Next week I have no set schedule at work which will be nice...just come in/go when I can. Thursday night we had a church meeting and last night I had a baby shower (for another pregnant gal). Tonight my parents came over for dinner and brought us some early Christmas gifts which was awesome. Their generosity is such a blessing and so appreciated!

A little bit ago I finally finished my nursing cover....at least a version of a nursing cover. I have actually only seen 1 nursing cover in real life and so with no pattern I was just kind of winging it as I went along. I am pretty happy with it; there are a few things I know to do differently the next time but I think the overall concept will suffice. This is the first time I have actually attempted to "make" something with the sewing machine. Before this it has only been used to hem pants and alter existing curtains. I currently have the nursing cover in the wash so if I find the time later I will try to post a picture of it.

I also did laundry today...not as exciting as finishing a project but a necessary evil to be dealt with. I now have all of her newborn through 0-3mth outfits washed, as well as, all her burp clothes, bedding, blankets, and wash clothes/towels.

Now I think I will end my day by taking a bath and relaxing. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't have another 3 weeks (I think 3 days would be fine though).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look great, Jess!! Only a few more days!!! YEH!!!

Gosh, I wish I was crafty and could make all of the cool baby stuff (burp rags, nursing blanket, etc).

Enjoy these last few nights of 8 hours of sleep!!!! :)