Monday, October 1, 2007

Our First Piece of Baby Furniture!

Saturday night my parents stopped in and surprised us with a crib, mattress, and bedding for our little one! The crib is one of those lifetime ones so we'll be able to use if for a long time even if we don't have more children (which we are still not sure about so no one jump to any conclusions...let's welcome this little one first before we start making decisions!) I love the color of the wood on the crib. I was a little nervous at first when we registered for it since our walls and trim are both lighter colors; but, I am glad we choose the darker wood. It looks great against the sage walls. The bedding is so cute...so little girly! :) Now the room is starting to look like it belongs to a baby and not simply an oversized tool storage room (even though the air compressor is still in the corner)! It also makes me realize how close we are getting to welcoming our addition. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I can't wait to get ours... :)

Anonymous said...

Jessica...I love that you have a site and I can keep in touch with you this way. I love the tranquil greens of your nursery. When is your due date? I am now an empty nester, but let me tell you, Fred and I love having the house to ourselves. Glad to see you are doing well. Drop me a line if you have time. Hugs..Cheri

Jessica said...

Thanks Cheri! So you're an empty nester! Yikes...who is going to keep tabs on you and Fred? :)
Our due date is Dec 21st. Our first shower is this weekend so hopefully the room will start to look even more like a nursury soon. Greg's goal by the time I get home from the shower is to have her closet finished and that air compressor out of the room! Wish him luck ;)