Monday, October 22, 2007

The never ending list...

It seems that I have a disorder of sorts...I can't be without a project (or two, four, six). Since we moved into our house 4 years ago our life has been filled with projects. Don't get me wrong...I love having projects. I love seeing ugly things become beautiful. I love seeing an idea in my head come to life. I think this is why I always have projects. So here is a sampling of some of our current/near future projects:
Refinish Dresser: Greg is actually working on this one since I can't really be around all the sanding and staining that needs to happen. This project is actually something I have been wanting to do for about two years now. Given our need for another dresser I finally decided to tackle it...unfortunately for Greg that means he gets to do all of the work.
Paint Pictures
: I have decided to paint the pictures myself for our daughter's room. I have never done this before but I have no doubt that I can give it a good attempt :) I figure that if they don't turn out than I can buy something than. But on the odd chance that they do turn out than I just saved some money and gave the room something with a little meaning. I'll let you know how they turn out (or don't).
Nursing Cover
: Again, this is something I have never done. After seeing one that my cousin had I have decided to go ahead and give it a try myself. I have this inability to think I can't do something :) I have yet to find an actual pattern for one but I think I can wing it. I have all the material bought (even some extra if I mess up) and hope to start the cutting and sewing Saturday. Wish me luck!

Patio: This has been the summer project and something Greg has been more involved in that I have. We have a semi-enclosed patio off the back of our house that has been in desperate need of attention since we bought the house. When we first starting ripping out old screens from the windows I didn't realize I was pregnant. Shortly after we became aware of the new bundle so that is when Greg became the one in charge. I must say I like what he has done. It isn't completely done yet but it looks so much better. As the picture shows he is making it a rustic looking area with unfinished wood paneling. I guess all my forced remodeling has finally paid off...he has become a great designer!
So that is a touch of some of the things that we are working on. Rest assured I have a hundred more things in my mind that I want to do or learn to do. These are just the current or very near future projects. I still have pillow cases to make, diaper clothes to jazz up, ceilings to paint, trim work to finish....We'll see how I change once our baby comes. I am quite interested in seeing the changes she makes on my priorities. I am sure it will all be for the best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sure hear you with all the projects--we are exactly the same way. We just refinished the floors in the baby's room and the library and are going to be starting the kitchen next week!

I have the fabric for my diaper bag so I really need to start that soon...plus I have two aprons to make for friends, and (depending on what I get at my other showers) my baby bedding yet to be made. Whew. If you need patterns for anything, I'm happy to help! Also, if you get stuck, feel free to give me a call!

Can't wait to see your patio and dresser--they are going to look fabulous!