Friday, October 12, 2007

The Little Things

So for the last 2 months the car has had no radio and no clock. I must say....this was very annoying, more so because of the clock blinking random times than the radio being off. The reason behind this problem is quite simple: While trying to determine why our car wouldn't shift out of Park, Greg checked the fuses which then (due to anti-theft mechanisms) shut off the radio/clock. In order to restart the radio/clock you have to input your security code. This is where the problem lies....I seem to have lost the code. Ooops! At this point I had two options: call Honda and risk having to pay to get my code or just live without the luxuries of a clock in the car. Given the numerous issues with our vehicles as of late (the car not shifting out of park, the brake pad falling off the truck, and the deer wanting the up and close view of the car) the last thing I wanted to do was pay more money for something as silly as a lost code. So we lived without. A couple of times a week Greg would ask me to call our salesman and see if we couldn't get the code for free but I figured it was a long shot and just never made the effort. Besides that, I knew that as soon as I paid money for the code...I'd find ours. So the weeks went on. This morning I had to take the car to work because some part was in for it at the body shop (from the deer incident). When I got into the car this morning I had music and an accurate time keeping clock!!! Greg had told me he had a surprise in the car but I didn't realize what. Yeah for Greg....he fixed it!!! Then I had to ask the question "did you find the code or did you call the salesman?" He said he called..."hmmm, how much money did it cost?" Free! And now I am able to enjoy the simple things.....a clock and a radio in the car. (Kudos to you Greg for the great initiative...love you!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! How come the simplest of things sometimes make the biggest difference. I think that is sweet that he took the initiative to do that for you-was he learning from his own teaching :)

Amanda